Who are we looking for?
We are seeking proactive, driven individuals with curious minds who have a passion for digital health and backgrounds in any of the following fields:
- Health or medicine
- Information technology
- Computer science
Be warned … a DHCRC PhD or research masters degree is not for everyone. These programs are for future leaders and forward thinkers in health or data science who do not want to follow a traditional academic trajectory but want to carve their own individual career pathway.
About the program
A DHCRC PhD or masters is not a typical research degree, it is an educational experience where you will work on cutting-edge digital health projects, solve complex problems and be supported to undertake applied research that inspires change and makes a difference through real-world impact.
Our PhD and masters degrees will develop new and emerging talent and produce graduates who understand industry, are confident, competent, collaborative, research-capable and health workforce-ready.
- Enrolment at one of our 16 Australian participant universities
- Up to half of candidature spent in an industry placement
- Up to four years funding for PhD students and up to two years for research masters (full-time equivalent)
- $45,000+ package per annum (full-time equivalent)
- $40,000 tax-free stipend (for living costs, if full-time)
- $5,000 allowance (for education-related expenses, e.g. laptop, conference attendance and Open Access publication fees)
- Access to a development fund (for career development and international collaboration) on application
- Entry to the DHCRC-accredited elite education program (including annual education retreat and conference)
- Top-up available to holders of scholarships from non-DHCRC sources.
- Receive a generous scholarship package, admission to an exclusive education program and access to a merit-based development fund
- Be part of a small, well-connected, interdisciplinary community of students, researchers and industry professionals
- Engage in a tailored development program customised to your needs
- Obtain meaningful work experience through a long-term industry placement
- Build a portfolio of transferrable and research skills to support career progression, promotion and employability
- Develop linkages and establish a contact network through on-the-job training
- Receive world-class support from a research supervisor, industry mentor/advisor and our Education Manager
- Create real-world impact as a member of a high-performing project team
- Achieve DHCRC accreditation in addition to your research degree on successful program completion.
Expression of interest process
Projects are currently under development in our Flagship Programs. If you wish to be notified when specific PhD or research masters opportunities become available on these projects, please subscribe to the mailing list below.